Cherry BBQ Soy Curl Sandwiches are a protein-packed plant-based meal that can be on the table in 30 minutes! Rich and fruity cherries add a surprising flavor boost to barbecue sauce that you’ll just love!
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (I like Annie’s Naturals or Stubb’s)
- 1 cup sweet cherries, pitted (fresh or frozen)
- 8 oz. package soy curls (Amazon sells a 6-pack for the best price, but it’s a big commitment)
- 8 hamburger buns
- In a salad spinner or large bowl, cover soy curls with boiling water and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Puree barbecue sauce and cherries until smooth using an immersion blender, standard blender, or food processor.
- Drain the soy curls into a colander or in the draining basket of a salad spinner, and press out as much water as possible.
- Remove the soy curls to a large skillet and add the barbecue sauce.
- Cook the soy curls and barbecue sauce over medium heat until the sauce is absorbed into the soy curls and thickens in the pan.
- Toast the hamburger buns, then add the soy curls and any toppings you like. I highly suggest this perfect vegan coleslaw!
Keywords: soy curls, barbecue, sandwich, vegan, vegan recipe, plant-based, plant-based recipe, oil-free, 30 minute meal, easy vegan dinner