These vegan salad rolls are easy on the eyes and simple to make! Ues the most colorful veggies you can find to make these fresh and healthy spring rolls.
- 3-4 large carrots (peeled into thin ribbons (look for rainbow carrots))
- 1 head of romaine lettuce (finely shredded)
- 1 inch block of firm tofu (sliced lengthwise into 1/2 thick strips)
- 1 package of spring roll rice paper wrappers
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup thai basil leaves or cilantro
- Dip a rice paper wrapper into warm water and immediately pull it out of the water, letting the excess moisture drip off before placing on a clean surface.
- Lay out several strips of carrots side by side in the center of the rice paper wrapper.
- Layer on lettuce, tofu, mint, and thai basil.
- Pull up the bottom of the rice paper wrapper and fold it over the filling ingredients, tucking the edge underneath the filling.
- Fold each side of the rice paper wrapper in, as if you were rolling a burrito.
- Roll the rice paper wrapper forward over the filling to meet the top edge.
- Slice in half with a sharp serrated knife, and serve with Sweet Potato Peanut Sauce for dipping.
Using a Y-blade peeler, slice the carrots into thin, long ribbons. A standard peeler will also work, the Y-blade is just much easier to hold and maneuver.