Pistachio and cardamom are the stars in these tender, moist blender muffins! Plant-based, vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, yet packed with flavor!
- 3 cups rolled oats (use certified GF oats for gluten-free)
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios, almonds, cashews (or sub other nut if desired)
- 1/2 cup unrefined sugar or maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted nuts)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Finely chop pistachios and mix with maple syrup and cardamom in a small bowl.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare muffin liners with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree until mostly smooth and no large pieces of nuts remain.
- Fill muffin liners to the brim with batter, adding 1 teaspoon of topping to each (if using).
- Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Remove muffins to a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before devouring.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 192