To cook perfect quinoa in a pressure cooker or Instant Pot, you only need to remember the number 1. Gluten-free, protein-packed, and so easy to make!
- 2 cups quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Rinse quinoa in a fine-mesh sieve, if desired (most brands come pre-rinsed to remove bitter coating called saponin).
- Toast quinoa by cooking over medium heat in a pressure cooker, for 5 minutes, stirring often to prevent burning. (use the Sauté function on the Instant Pot)
- Add the water and bring to high pressure.
- If using an Instant Pot, set the timer for 1 minute on Manual/High Pressure.
- If using a stovetop pressure cooker, set a timer for 1 minute after high pressure has been reached.
- Allow for a natural pressure release after the cooking time has elapsed.
- If the pressure hasn’t released naturally after 15 minutes, release any remaining pressure manually.
- Fluff the quinoa with a fork, and serve immediately or place into freezer bags for long-term freezer storage.