You won’t believe this protein-packed vegan white gravy is oil-free! Made with whole foods in just a few minutes, this quick and easy gravy is ready to be poured over everything!
- To a medium saucepan, add red lentils, oats, cashews, and water.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a medium simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes or until lentils are completely soft.
- Use an immersion blender to blend right in the pan, or remove to a blender and let cool for 5-10 minutes before pureeing. Be careful to leave a vent opening so the hot liquid doesn’t explode all over you.
- Return mixture back to the pot, then whisk in onion powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to a medium simmer until the gravy thickens (3-5 minutes).
- Turn off heat, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Keywords: vegan, plant-based, vegan recipes, plant-based recipes, oil-free, whole foods plant based, wfpb, vegan gravy, plant-based gravy