Looking for a simple tomato sauce that’s oil-free, sugar-free, and takes less than an hour to cook? Look no more!
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta liquid from cooking Cold Water Pasta
- 32 ounce can Crushed Tomatoes (I can only recommend the Muir Glen brand)
- 2 cloves garlic (finely chopped (or grated using a microplane))
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small saucepan, boil pasta cooking liquid until it has reduced by half.
- In a medium/large saucepan over medium-low heat, add the reduced pasta cooking liquid, garlic, salt, and crushed red pepper flakes, and cook for one minute.
- Add the crushed tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Cook sauce for 30 minutes, then enjoy as desired.
Prep Tip: Quadruple the recipe to have three extra quarts to freeze and use in later recipes.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 84