This sweet potato peanut sauce is a great way to sneak in some extra veggies and fiber! Vegan, oil-free, gluten-free, and SO healthy!
- 2 cups sweet potato (peeled and diced (about 1 large sweet potato))
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 2- inch piece ginger root (finely chopped or grated with a Microplane (peeled if not organic))
- 2 cloves garlic (minced or grated)
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce (use Tamari if gluten-free)
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Place the sweet potato and water into a small or medium sized saucepan (2-4 quarts).
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook for 5-6 minutes, or until the sweet potato is fork-tender. DO NOT drain the water – it’s needed for the sauce!
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 1-2minutes, whisking to combine.
- Remove from the heat and puree until smooth using an immersion blender. (see note for blending alternatives)
- Serve over steamed or stir-fried vegetables with protein of choice and brown rice for an easy dinner!
- Serving Size: 1/4 Cup