A vegan crunchwrap supreme that’s healthy, chock full of vegetables, and tastes amazing! Plant-based, oil-free, and so delicious you won’t miss the drive-thru!
- 2 cups Vegan Taco Meat or vegetarian refried beans
- 1 cup Protein-Packed Vegan Cheese Sauce or other vegan cheese sauce
- 1 8oz. can green chiles**
- 1/2 cup Savory Cashew Cream or vegan sour cream
- 2 cups romaine or iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 flour tortillas, burrito size
- Crisp the corn tortillas. Bake at 400F for 10-15 minutes, turning every 5 minutes and checking often to avoid burning.*
- Warm vegan taco meat in a skillet on the stovetop.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine vegan cheese sauce and diced green chiles, and heat until warmed through.
- In the center of a flour tortilla, add the following ingredients in this order: 1/2 cup vegan taco meat, 1/4 cup vegan cheese sauce, 1 corn tortilla, 1 tablespoon cashew cream, 1/4 cup lettuce, sprinkle of diced tomato, 1 tablespoon cashew cream.
- Fold in tortilla edges into the center, overlapping each section until the filling is covered.
- In a skillet over medium heat, crisp crunchwrap folded side down for 1-2 minutes or until browned.
- Flip crunch wrap over and crisp for another 1-2 minutes or until browned.
- Serve immediately for maximum crunch and flavor.
*I’ve tried many methods to crisp up the tortillas, and although the oven makes sense, it’s tricky to monitor because the tortillas can go from limp to burned in the blink of an eye. I’ve found myself using the microwave more often for this task. I put the tortillas in a single layer on a plate, and microwave at medium power in 1 minute intervals until crispy. You can also make life easier on yourself and buy premade tostadas (be aware, they are fried), or even tortilla chips.
**Substitute canned green chiles with 1 fresh jalapeño, diced and sauteed before mixing in the vegan cheese sauce.
***When assembling the crunchwrap, be careful not to overfill, or the wrapping can get messy.
- Serving Size: 1 Crunchwrap
- Calories: 541