Vegan Meatloaf Cups are hearty, stick-to-your-ribs comfort food, made entirely of vegetables and seeds! Even the meat and potatoes crowd will love these! Perfect for vegan meal prep too.
- 4 cups Vegan Ground Beef (ingredients below)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats or oat flour
- 2/3 cup Protein-Packed Marinara Sauce or your favorite marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce (most brands are vegan!)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Vegan Ground Beef
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into large florets
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium yellow onion, quartered
- 2–3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup raw pepitas (shelled pumpkin seeds) or walnuts
- 1/2 cup protein-packed marinara sauce or ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce or steak sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a food processor fitted with an s-blade, process the rolled oats until a coarse meal forms. There can be small pieces of oat visible. Remove to a small bowl.
- Add the pumpkin seeds and sun-dried tomatoes to the food processor and process until a fine meal forms, but be careful not to go so far as to puree into a smooth mixture. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Remove the s-blade from the food processor and attach the grating disc.
- Shred the cauliflower, mushrooms, carrots, onions and garlic in the food processor. If you don’t have a shredding attachment, pulse small amounts at a time using the S-blade until finely chopped but not pureed.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the shredded vegetables over medium-high heat until the moisture has evaporated and the vegetables are cooked, about 6-8 minutes. See notes for alternative oven roasting method.
- Add the pumpkin seed (or walnut) and sun-dried tomato mixture into the skillet, and combine with the vegetables, cooking for 1 minute.
- Measure 4 cups of the vegan ground beef into a mixing bowl. Refrigerate or freeze remaining mixture for another meal, such as these vegan taquitos.
- To the vegan ground beef, add the oats, marinara sauce, steak sauce, salt, and black pepper. Mix throughly to combine.
- Portion into muffin tins (an ice cream scoop works great!) or scoop onto a lined sheet pan and bake at 375 for 30 minutes. If using the glaze, spoon onto each meatloaf cup at the end of the cooking time, then bake for an additional 5 minutes.
Serving suggestions: Vegan mashed potatoes, protein-packed vegan white gravy, a veggie side of your choice (I love something green like broccoli, green beans, or steamed kale to brighten up the plate).
Keywords: vegan meatloaf cups, vegan meatloaf, plant-based meatloaf, whole food plant based meatloaf, healthy vegan meatloaf, soy-free, nut-free, oil-free, gluten-free