These muffins are deceptively healthy and so simple to make! Only 7 ingredients and the batter is made in the blender! No bowl required for these tasty treats. Enjoy for breakfast, a snack, or even dessert!
- 3 cups rolled oats (use certified GF oats for gluten-free)
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup unrefined sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add all ingredients to a blender and puree mostly smooth and no large pieces of nuts remain.
- Fill 12 muffin liners to the brim.
- Bake for 22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Remove muffins to a cooling rack for at least 10 minutes before enjoying with a pat of vegan butter, or simply plain.
Option: Replace 1/2 cup of water with 1/2 cup of lemon juice and 3 T. lemon zest (from 3-4 lemons)