Vegan peanut butter eggs that have a healthy addition snuck in and you won’t believe how good they taste! Plant-based, oil-free, gluten-free, and SO easy to make!
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (check label for vegan-friendly ingredients, the Enjoy Life brand is great)
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinsed and drained well
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- pinch of salt, if using unsalted peanut butter
- In a food processor, pulse the chickpeas into fine crumbs.
- Add the peanut butter, maple syrup, and salt (if using).
- Pulse mixture until combined into a soft dough-like consistency.
- Pat out filling into a 1/4″ thick disc and use an egg-shaped cookie cutter to make the filling for each egg. Alternatively, measure out 1 tablespoon of filling and mold it into an egg shape by hand.
- Place each filling piece on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and place in the freezer for 20 minutes.
- While the filling is chilling (hey, that rhymes!), melt the chocolate chips until smooth and pourable. If the mixture is too thick, thin out with 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil if desired.
- Coat each frozen piece of filling in the melted chocolate, using a fork to drag the egg across the edge of the bowl to remove any excess chocolate.
- Please the finished egg on the baking sheet and repeat until all the filling is coated with chocolate.
- Freeze or refrigerate for at least 15 minutes until set.
- Store the finished treats in the fridge for up to one week, or the freezer for up to 6 months.
Want to make these into vegan peanut butter cups? Check out the tutorial here.
Keywords: vegan peanut butter eggs, healthy peanut butter eggs, vegan Easter treats, plant-based Easter treats