Savory cashew cream has so many uses and can be made in 5 minutes! Use as a vegan mayonnaise substitute, as a cheesy sauce in a vegan quesadilla, or to flavor and thicken soups. The possibilities are endless!
- 2 cups raw cashews (see note about soaking methods if not using a high-speed blender)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon heaping nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon chickpea miso (optional, any light miso will work)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon white wine vinegar (apple cider vinegar, or coconut vinegar)
- Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor until creamy and smooth.
If not using a high-speed blender, soak the cashews in water for at least 2 hours. Drain and proceed with the recipe.