This Vegan Ranch Dressing is ready to go head-to-head with “traditional” ranch, for a salad dressing or a dip. It’s oil-free and so delicious!
- 1 cup Savory Cashew Cream (see note for alternatives)
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar, unseasoned rice vinegar, or other mild unsweetened vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder or granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (or dill, cilantro, or a combination), or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives, or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried
- Puree all ingredients except herbs in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Add in the herbs and pulse a few times to break down the herbs and mix in. Pureeing the herbs will turn the dressing a pale green color, so be careful not to pulse too much if you want the dressing to look like “traditional” ranch.
- The mixture will seem thin, but will thicken upon refrigeration.
If not making the savory cashew cream, add these ingredients to the blender to approximate the flavor:
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews or pepitas*, soaked for at least 1 hour if not using a high speed blender (see note for quick-soak method)
2 tsp. nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar, unseasoned rice vinegar, or other mild unsweetened vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
Quick soak method for raw cashews or pepitas
Boil cashews or pepitas for 15 minutes in a small saucepan, then drain and proceed with recipe.
*Pepitas can be substituted but will lend a pale green color to the dressing. The flavor of the pepitas is stronger than that of cashews, but dissipates some upon refrigeration. This is a great nut-free option!