Mexican Cauliflower Rice (Coliflor Arroz Rojo)
You can make this Mexican Cauliflower Rice in only 15 minutes with just 5 ingredients! A wonderful low-carb alternative to the classic side dish.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1 large head cauliflower (shredded or finely ground)
- 1/2 white onion (shredded or diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (shredded or minced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 4 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 jalapeño or serrano chile (halved (optional), or sub 1 small can of diced green chiles)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
Shred cauliflower, onion, and garlic using the shredding disc on a food processor. Alternatively, pulse in a food processor using the S-blade until finely ground into pieces slightly larger than cooked rice.
Heat a large sauté pan or skillet over medium heat and stir in the tomato paste, chile halves, and salt, and cook for a minute to flavor the oil.
Increase the heat to high, and add the cauliflower, onion, and garlic.
Cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring often, until the moisture is evaporated and the cauliflower is light and fluffy.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 71kcal | Carbohydrates: 10.7g | Protein: 3.4g | Fat: 2.8g | Sodium: 452mg | Sugar: 4.7g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 99mg