Vegan Ranch Dressing
This Vegan Ranch Dressing is ready to go head-to-head with "traditional" ranch, for a salad dressing or a dip. It's oil-free and so delicious!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 2 cups
- 1 cup Savory Cashew Cream (see note for alternatives)
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar, unseasoned rice vinegar, or other mild unsweetened vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder or granulated garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley (or dill, cilantro, or a combination), or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives, or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried
Puree all ingredients except herbs in a blender or food processor until smooth and creamy.
Add in the herbs and pulse a few times to break down the herbs and mix in. Pureeing the herbs will turn the dressing a pale green color, so be careful not to pulse too much if you want the dressing to look like “traditional” ranch.
The mixture will seem thin, but will thicken upon refrigeration.
If not making the savory cashew cream, add these ingredients to the blender to approximate the flavor:
- 1 1/4 cup raw cashews or pepitas*, soaked for at least 1 hour if not using a high speed blender (see note for quick-soak method)
2 tsp. nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp. white wine vinegar, unseasoned rice vinegar, or other mild unsweetened vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
Quick soak method for raw cashews or pepitas
Boil cashews or pepitas for 15 minutes in a small saucepan, then drain and proceed with recipe.
*Pepitas can be substituted but will lend a pale green color to the dressing. The flavor of the pepitas is stronger than that of cashews, but dissipates some upon refrigeration. This is a great nut-free option!
Serving: 0.25cup | Calories: 120kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 9g | Sodium: 376mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 50IU | Vitamin C: 5mg